Wednesday, March 28, 2018

BOUTIQUE RUNNERS

I have been madly sewing placemats and runners for my guild's January Quilt Show Boutique.  I started with placemats, but also am doing runners.  I pretty much have gone through all my left over fabrics and cut 2 1/2 inch strips.  If I can get four strips at least 18 inches long I make sets of four placemats, if I can only get two strips I make a runner.  I have at least a dozen sets of each cut now. They will need many more for sure, but I'll have help from other guild members.
This past week I was able to finish off three runners.  Sewing these guys in-between my Dresden blocks.  A nice transition from mindless sewing to the slow sew precision of Dresden construction.
I love this one, it is hard to not keep it.  The quilt as you go process is so simple, but I think the results is very pretty.  
This one also has a set of four placemats made from the same fabric line.  Left overs of my Dahlia quilt.
My left over Curved Spiral runner fabrics that I made last year with again another set of placemats that I managed to squeeze out to match this runner too.  
My work shop has been busy this week and I have many more to go along with what I have for myself going.  


3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness!!
    you have been busy!!
    love the blue and white combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty and what a great way to use up pretty scrap strips! I love projects like this that are quick, fun and have a purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty and a great strip buster!

    ReplyDelete