One of the first projects we worked on was preparing some tee shirts with borders for a large tee shirt quilt.
Here I am working on a wedding quilt for one of her family members. We had no pattern and limited theme fabric chooses which involved a number of inset blocks to fill in the spaces. It was a challenge for ones math abilities, but in the end it not only looked wonderful, but even laid perfectly flat.
One of our last projects was this quilt. However we ran into a little problem. The pattern made a 60 by 72 inch quilt, and Brooke needed it to be 80 by 90 inches. The pattern could be widened but not lengthened.
After much fusing and frantic scratch paper drawing we determined to solve it with a pieced border.
The 10 inch finished blocks at the bottom of the picture was our solution. We made 30 of them and placed them all around the four sides.
Projects on their way to being finished and time for me to head on home so I am linking up with an end to my wonderful visit with the best friend ever so I'll link up with: