Tuesday, April 25, 2017

PAINTED QUILTING

I have finally after a good deal of experimentation started to figure out this painting on fabric.  These two blocks are done.  Well maybe done, I think they might need a bit of work blending the colors.  
I am still working on this one.  It has a way to go.  I am not sure how I will quilt these.  I have toyed with doing some stitch outlining of the stems and blooms and not sure how to quilt the backgrounds as of yet.  I think there is still a bit of work to blend the colors a bit more, but they are more or less on their way to a good finish.  
They are still a work in progress so I am linking up with:


6 comments:

  1. Your painted blocks are looking nice! I was wondering if you would add stitching, like thread painting to them. Could be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like what you are doing! What medium do you use? Derwent Inktense? Acrylics? I love the soft tones you have created. What a lovely idea to have the background be part of the flowers!! It looks like you have quilted around the flowers. I am a dedicated appliquer but have been playing with fabric painting a little. I just purchased some Inktense pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look awesome - what a fun idea! Thank you for sharing on Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your projects are amazing! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are amazing! At first glance I thought you were going to talk about a new applique pattern! That background fabric is really fantastic, and your painting skills are wonderful! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete