Friday, April 1, 2016

MODERN CROSS QUILT

I saw a picture of a quilt similar to this in the 3rd Issue of Quilts & Crafts Simply Moderne.  It was shown at the Vermont Quilt Festival in June last year by Rita D'Alonzo.  The fabric line I used is by Lori Mason for Andover Fabrics.  
Until I saw that picture I had no idea what to do with that fabric, but this pattern seemed to be the perfect answer.  The blocks are 9 inches finished so the quilt is 54 by 72 inches.  I used Kona light gray and and a darker one as well.
Well at least the top is finished so I am linking up with
and

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! Interesting cross pattern and the fabric choice is wonderful. Those greys are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, I would never have thought that so many greys could look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm visiting as a FAL host. You have linked up your blog and not a particular blog post. Please link from the specific finish post to be eligible for prizes. If you need any help, email me and I will be glad to assist. shecanquilt@gmail.com
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!

    that is quite a list of blogs!

    ReplyDelete